We offer the following hands-on sessions where you can create a masterpiece out of clay!
Mini session: Just create with airdry clay
Cost: £10 per person
This includes basic tuition, use of tools and airdry clay. Creations can be taken away on the day or left in Dipsy Dragon for a day or so to dry off. When the clay is dry the pieces can be painted – acrylic paint is good for this.
Session time: About 1 hour
Standard session: Create with bisque firing
Cost: £20 per person
Includes basic tuition, use of tools, clay and ‘bisque firing’. Bisque fired work can collected about a week after the session and painted at home or you can return for a glazing session which includes a glaze firing. (See below)
Session time: Up to 2 hours
Making and glazing sessions: Create, bisque firing, glaze and glaze firing
Cost: £30 per person
This is the standard session above with a second session for glazing. Normally a week is needed between the 2 sessions but we can make special arrangements for you to do both sessions within a week.
Session 1: up to 2 hours
Session 2: up to 1.5 hours
Full ceramic process:
- Make your masterpiece from clay (up to 2 hours)
- Drying (2-7 days)
- Bisque firing (about 20 hours to fire and cool)
- Pick up your masterpiece from Dipsy Dragon and take it home to paint with Acrylic paint
OR Return to Dipsy Dragon to glaze your masterpiece
- Glaze session (up to 1.5 hour)
- Drying (1 day)
- Glaze firing (about 24 hours to fire and cool )
- PIck up your masterpiece from Dipsy Dragon to take home.
Terms and conditions: coming soon